Darcy Lashinsky Memorial Pet Food Bank
The Darcy Lashinsky
Memorial Food Bank
Dedicated in loving memory of our dear friend, Darcy Miller Lashinsky, in recognition of her compassion and boundless love of everyone, animals and people alike.
Designed to support those with the greatest need, the Darcy Lashinsky Memorial Pet Food Bank is stocked by the generous donations of individuals and companies, allowing many families to afford to keep their pets rather than make the tough choice to surrender them.
Volunteer operated at our facility at 213 Oceola Avenue, the food bank is open:
- The first Sunday and third Wednesday of each month
- From 1:00 pm to 3:00 p.m.
Davidson County residents qualifying for services may receive supplemental pet food and supplies once per month. To qualify, pet owners must bring:
- Proof of Davidson County residency
- Proof of government assistance (food stamps, social security, disability, WIC, medicaid, section 8 housing, or reduced lunch)
- Proof of spay/neuter for each animal in the household to be served at the Community Pet Food Bank
- First-time customers must complete an application (click here to download) along with above documents
Please note: Because this program is funded by donations, distribution amounts cannot be guaranteed.
In-kind donations are always appreciated and can be deliverd to the shelter during our standard operating hours. The following items are always needed:
- Dry and canned dog food
- Dry and canned cat food
- Cat Litter
When donating dry dog food please donate bags no bigger than 3-5 lbs to ensure equal distrubtion among participants.
Monetary or in-kind donations specifically designated to the Darcy Lashinsky Memorial Pet Food Bank are always appreciated, as we hope to continue to serve pet owners in Middle Tennessee and promote the humane treatment of animals through this special program. To make a donation to support this program simply designate the Darcy Lashinsky Memorial Pet Food Bank on our donation page.