Below please find information regarding Staff positions currently available at Nashville Humane Association.
Chief Medical Officer
Position Title: Chief Medical Officer for Nashville Humane Association
Report To: Executive Director
Hours: Full-Time Salary Range: Based on Experience Benefits: To Be Discussed
Primary Function: To oversee and monitor the health of shelter animals and provide veterinary expertise in the organizations policies and procedures. Perform spay/neuter surgeries for the public and shelter. Assist the Executive Director in establishing and maintaining all health related protocols to maximize adoptions and minimize euthanasia. Set a professional and positive example for other staff members.
- Must have a degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from an accredited university school and be licensed in the state of Tennessee
- DEA and state license required to purchase controlled drugs
- Previous animal shelter experience
- Must have previous low cost-high volume spay/neuter experience
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills required
- Possess the ability to work with people in a variety of high stress situations
- Some evening and weekends may be required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a staff team of LVTs and Vet Assistants, and contracted Vets for high volume spay/neuter clinics.
- Perform high volume spay/neuter surgeries; other surgeries as needed
- Keep abreast of developments in the field of veterinary medicine, particularly the most innovative concepts of shelter medicine
- Performs evaluations to determine the health of individual animals and/or overall health of the animals at the shelter
- Make recommendations to set policy and procedures on disease control, sanitation, clinic procedures etc.
- Ensure positive public relations and customer service practices
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the shelter’s policies and applicable state and federal laws.
- Other duties as assigned
Occupational Hazards/Work Environment:: Animal hair and dandruff, possibility of domestic and wild animal bites. May be exposed to potential communicable disease, such as ringworm, rabies, etc. Applicant should be free of allergies, asthma or back problems. Significant amount of standing and walking during a typical day, exposure to fumes, animal smells or airborne particles. The noise levels range from moderate to high.
For more information interested applicants may send a resume to Jill@nashvillehumane.org
Contract Spay/Neuter Vet
Nashville Humane Association is a progressive, non-profit organization committed to finding responsible homes, controlling pet overpopulation and promoting the humane treatment of animals.
We are looking for one or more compassionate veterinarians who are interested in sharing their skills by helping out with our mobile spay/neuter days. Our Rover Bus (a 26' LaBoit) is a surgical unit on wheels, equipped with state-of-the-art equipment including: 2 anesthesia machines, digital scales, autoclave, surgical lighting, microscope, as well as medical supplies. The bus travels four days a week to locations within and surrounding Davidson County, and is staffed by a Veterinarian, Licensed Veterinary Medical Technician, Veterinary Assistant and Project Coordinator.
The schedule is flexible as you could elect to work anything from one day a week to four days a week. We do not operate the bus on the weekends.
The ideal candidate must be familiar with high-quality, high-volume spay/neuter and have experience in this setting. This is considered a contract labor position and not an employee position. You must have a valid DVM license to practice in the state of Tennessee and all appropriate insurance.
Additional Salary Information: Position pays a per diem.
If interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Animal Care Representative
Nashville Humane Association is seeking a Part Time Animal Care Representative. Applicants must be available to work 25-30 hours per week, including weekends and holidays, and be free from Pet Allergies.
Previous experience a plus but not mandatory.
Interested applicants please contact the Animal Care Supervisor at Nick@nashvillehumane.org
No phone calls please!